Sunday, May 1, 2011

When life hands you lemons...

Ever heard of the phrase, "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade"? Or some people say, "when life hands you lemons, add vodka"? Either way, it's about making a good situation out of something crappy. This phrase has come in handy recently since there are several things that I can't do these days because of my back.

This past weekend was the Country Music Marathon. Here I am with my friend Katie at my first time doing the race in 2009:
And here I am in the finisher's tent last year in 2010:
And here I am this year:
I couldn't run the race this year (turns out, running is the WORST sport for someone with scoliosis!), so I volunteered to help at a water stop. This is me and my friend Kelly (seen in the above picture from 2010) in front of our water table. We filled almost 1000 cups with water and passed the out to the runners. It was SO cool! I was worried I would be upset that I wasn't running, which I was for about .2 seconds. Then passing out water and cheering all the runners, I realized it was ok that I'm not running this year. I will get back to running. It may take a while, but I will do it. I've already picked out my next race. Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2013 here I come!!!

Until then, I'm working on making more lemonade...

1 comment:

Hillary said...

My mom always said, "When life gives you lemons, stick them in your bra!!"