Friday, May 13, 2011

So long, farewell...

auf weidersein goodbye!! That was the song that was going through my head yesterday (Thursday). It was my last day of work before going on medical leave to have my surgery. I told my kids that we would have a going-away party on my last day, and they asked if they could bring snacks. "Sure!" I said, why not? Here is 1 cake I got:
***I blurred out my last name for privacy sake! It was NOT a cake wreck!

Here's the other one:
They also brought in 6 bags of chips, a box of Oatmeal creme pies, Oreos and cupcakes. Let's just say it was not a day of healthy eating. But we had fun! We danced, played on the playground, watched "Toy Story 3" (yes, I cried at the part when the toys almost burn up in the incinerator) and played on the computers:
I had to blur out their faces, but they are still so cute!! I'm going to miss these little kiddos so much over the next few weeks/months. But it was so sweet to get such a nice send-off from them and their parents. I had several parents come up to me and tell me what a difference I had made in their child's life, how glad they are that I was their child's teacher, etc. It just melted my heart. I love my job!!

No comments: