Friday, May 13, 2011

You know you've made it when...

Monday I had my "made it" moment. Remember when I took my kids to the science museum a few months ago? Well, this past Monday we went to the zoo. It made me remember going to the Georgia Aquarium last year with my mom and seeing all the school groups. I remember smiling at the children and giving a quiet smile to the teachers. Sort of a quiet, "I understand what you're doing and you're doing great."

Well Monday, that teacher was me. We were walking around the zoo and I recognized that smile except that this time I was the teacher and they were the other visitors. It was one of those moments that made me realize, "whoa, I'm a teacher." This is what I have wanted to do my whole life and I am doing it. And I'm loving it.

My kids LOVED the zoo. We have been studying animals so they were very excited. First up were the cows:
After the cows, we saw elephants, zebras, giraffes, lorikeets, a wild boar and an anteater. Then we went inside (it was SOOO hot) to cool off and see the fish. On the way out we passed by the flamingos. The kids know flamingos are my favorite animal, so they had to pose with them:
Are they not the cutest? They are standing like flamingos. Seriously, I love these kids. But I loved even more that the trip totally wore them out:
Let's just say naptime on Monday was a good one :) Anyone out there have fond memories of visiting the zoo in elementary school?

No comments: