Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Why Kindergarten Teachers are the BEST

When I tell people I teach Kindergarten, I often get the "oh, that is so wonderful!" look. People always tell me how special it must be to be the first teacher in a child's life, what a difference I must be making, etc. I have to tell you, it's true. Teaching Kindergarten is the best thing ever. And other Kindergarten teacher are just as awesome as I am.

I found this article on Facebook from a K-teacher group I'm a member of. Read it! A K teacher in Mexico helped keep her kids safe while a shoot-out was happening a block away from her school. And how did she keep them calm? She had them singing "If all the raindrops" (in Spanish, claro). How sweet is that??

I teach in an area of town that is not the best. There are a lot of good things going on, I see involved parents, I see people wanting to help, etc. But unfortunately I also see violence and other bad stuff. And I hurt for my kids. But it makes me feel a little better to know that I offer a safe environment for them. And I hope that (God forbid) if this type of situation were to happen at my school, I would be able to stay calm and keep my kids safe just like this fabulous teacher.

Here's a video of the actual thing: (the teacher took it on her cell phone)

1 comment:

Miss Kindergarten said...

OMG, that gave me goosebumps