Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Life Saver

With this new "post surgery" body, there are some things I'm learning I have to do in a different way. For example, I have to bend at the knees to get something off the floor, rather than bending at the waist. Putting on lace-up shoes is a bit tricky, but I'm getting better.

I was worried about taking care of Biscuit- not being able to pick him up, play with him, etc. Luckily he is a good leash walker (this from a dog who 6 months ago wouldn't walk at all!) so that's taken care of. But I can bend down to pick up toys and throw them.

But, I have this:
It's called a "chuck-it" and it is a life saver! It's kind of like a slingshot for a tennis ball. You can pick up a tennis ball without bending over (also nice bc then you don't have to touch a slobbery ball) and "chuck" it. It goes soooo far!! Biscuit loves it and every time I even look at the chuck-it he gets excited.

We have been playing in the back yard a lot and having tons of fun. It's also good because it wears him out without wearing me out. Once I trust him a little better, we can go to the park where there is more room and I can really launch the ball. Until then, the fenced backyard will do :)

I love how happy he is! This dog is the greatest EVER

No comments: