apparently this holiday doesn't actually exist. But my friend Tara thinks it should be. The idea is for women to take a minute and appreciate themselves, rather than dwell on what they would like to change. I love the idea! Too often we think about what or how we could do things different, what should be changed about us, that we don't realize how AWESOME we are (guys are ok too I guess).
So here it is, 5 things I love about myself:
1. my eyes- I know that's vain, but I really do love my green eyes :)
2. I am super directionally oriented- I can look at a map and pretty much instantly figure it out (translates to subways, I'm great at subways)
3. patience- I never thought I was patient until I started teaching Kindergarten!
4. I am a really good cook- I don't use recipes (unless I'm baking) and I love to experiment in the kitchen.
5. I am very organized- always have been, I rarely lose things
Can you believe it was hard to come up with 5? I'm sure there are other things that I'm good at/things I like about myself, but to actually sit down and think about it and then write it down, it became very hard.
What do you love about yourself?