Monday, August 9, 2010

Fruit Crumble

This summer, I have discovered my love of fruit. I've been eating strawberries, blueberries and raspberries like they're going out of style. The other day I bought a pear for the first time, intending to eat it on a salad. Except that I forgot about it so it was a little too ripe and my spinach had already gone bad. Then I remembered I had some raspberries in the fridge and thought, hey! this would make a good fruit crumble. All of a sudden, I had dessert :)

I don't really follow recipes, but here's what I did:
cut up pear into small pieces, put in a small dish with some raspberries
mixed about 1T each of flour, oatmeal and sugar with some butter, spread on top
bake at 350 for 30 min? I didn't time it, just until it looked done


DELICIOUS!! and you could easily substitute whatever fruit you had on hand. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

Ugh - you and your "I don't need a recipe because I'm so fancy" type of cooking! :-)