Sunday, March 6, 2011

Validation

Remember when I posted about my weekly schedule? Remember how I said that I wake up at 4:30 every day to go work out? Remember how some of you were like, "Clare, you are crazy! How do you wake up that early every day?" Well, yesterday I was reminded why.

Biscuit woke up at 5:45 (on a Saturday which was also my birthday, thanks dog) so I got an early start to the day. I went to the YMCA to go work out. I had a great workout, felt really good and was heading out the door about to go get a coffee when I hear "Clare!"

It was the mom of a girl I went to high school with. She and I both said it was great to see one another, and then she said "you look great!" It was so nice to hear. I have been working really hard to get my body in shape and to lose some weight. It's hard to see the weight loss yourself, but when other people notice it just makes me feel so good. I get a huge boost of confidence, and all it does is make me want to work out some more! It was just the kind of validation I needed to carry me through the next 10 weeks.

No comments: