Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Day of Firsts

Did you miss me? Sorry I have been a lazy blogger lately. There is a ton going on in my life- school, church, working out, birthday coming up, friends, etc. Needless to say, the blog has not gotten a lot of attention in the past weeks. I am about to change that!

Today was a day of firsts. We (all of Kindergarten at my school) had our first field trip! Excuse me, we had our first "learning expedition." As much as we are supposed to say learning expedition, I will still call it a field trip. This was the first trip our grade has taken at our school. Since this was the first one, there were several kinks to be worked out.

This was also my first trip as a lead teacher. I have gone on trips when I was an assistant, but it is WAY different as the lead teacher. So first trip for Kindergarten, first trip for me. Oh, did I mention I planned the trip? Yeah, just thought the stress wasn't enough so I decided to add a little more.

I was up at 1:30 this morning obsessing over every little detail. Did I remember to confirm the buses? Do we have all the students accounted for? What if extra parents show up wanting to go? What if it sucks? What if, what if, what if???

The best part? It was FABULOUS!!! We went to the planetarium because we have been learning about the day and night sky. The program was great, the museum people were awesome and my kids did amazing. I was so proud of them. The whole way back on the bus they were saying "Thank you Ms. H. I love you Ms. H." It just melted my heart. Then we came back to school and they all fell asleep at rest time. Gotta love Kindergarten.

So yeah, today was a day of firsts. I'm exhausted. It's 8pm and I'm seriously about to go to bed. Goodnight y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you got to see Jesus!

Marti Moore said...

I'm so glad you had a good experience! Cheers for your excellent planning-- I wouldn't expect any less from you!!