Sunday, March 20, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Biscuit and I celebrated St. Patrick's Day in style this year. It fell during my spring break and I was house-sitting for my parents, so I invited a few friends over to celebrate. It was fun, easy and low-key...my kind of entertaining! Here we are in our Irish gear:The bar set up. Note the green food coloring!
Our drinks! Green beer doesn't taste any different than regular beer, but it is so much more fun.
The food=yum! Homemade shepherd's pie (pictured below) with Irish soda bread. Both super easy to make but oh so yummy. I got the shepherd's pie recipe from Food Network.

And the final treat, chocolate cupcakes with Bailey's frosting! All I did was make chocolate cupcakes from a mix, then whipped up some quick buttercream.
Here's the Bailey's buttercream recipe I used:
1 stick butter at room temperature
2 tablespoons Bailey's Irish cream
3-4 cups powdered sugar

Cream the butter and add 3 cups of powdered sugar. Add the Bailey's and whip to the desired consistency. You can add more sugar/Bailey's as needed. Enjoy! (but only for the adults. Won't be making this recipe for my Kindergarteners any time soon!)

Hope you all had a fun St. Patrick's Day! Did you do any entertaining?

No comments: