Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sweet Words

Today, I took notice of a few sweet notes I have gotten from parents. My kids have a "behavior chart" in their take-home folders. This has a calendar on it and every day I record their behavior for the day (we have a color coded system). There is a spot near the bottom for notes from parent to teacher, teacher to parent, etc.

Today I just happened to see this note from a parent. "Ms. H- thank you for doing such a great job with ____." How sweet!! You are so welcome parent for doing a great job! Thank you for being a great parent and paying attention to your kid!

And then I got an e-mail (!) from a parent today. She and I had been e-mailing back and forth because her son has been having some trouble and we are working on it. I had told her how appreciative I was that she wanted to work with me, be a collaborative team for her son. She signed her email "thanks for being an awesome teacher."

How sweet! It was just so nice to see these kind words from parents. Working in a tougher neighborhood, sometimes it is hard to remember that there are so many parents who care so deeply for their kids. And it is so great to see that they know I care just as deeply about their kids as they do. It is so great to see parents who are invested in their children and their education, and just want the best for their child. And I'm more than happy to be a part of that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so nice! I had a precious few parents who went that extra mile last year, and it just made my day. It is so nice to hear that they appreciate it. Glad you're doing well and are happy!
Cousin Jess