Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. As if any trip to Wal-Mart, Kroger, Target or really any store in the United States would let you forget. I usually don't really like Valentine's because it just reminds me that I don't have a Valentine, but this year I'm perfectly content to be by myself. I do have my little four-legged Valentine who is currently climbing all over me :)

And I have 16 sweet, adorable, precious Valentines to celebrate with tomorrow. I don't expect them to bring in things for me, but I know they'll be excited about our party tomorrow afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the letters I sent home last week about v-day came back answered! Parents are supplying all the paper goods, sweets and other treats for our school party. I haven't had to buy a thing! Thank goodness for involved parents!!

Regardless, I can't go to school tomorrow empty handed. Here's what my dining room table looked like this morning:
Each kid gets a little goody bag with a pencil, an eraser, a little notebook and a mini bag of M&Ms. I think it's pretty good. I'm wishing I had already sharpened the pencils so they can start using them right away, but I guess we'll just have to have a pencil sharpening party after the Valentine's party :)

Tomorrow we will learn how to make hearts by folding pieces of paper and cutting along the line of symmetry and decorate bags to be our "mailboxes". I'm pretty sure everybody did something like that in elementary school.

And how am I celebrating Valentine's day? A visit to the physical therapist and then dog training class (which could be interesting bc the trainer has been sort of making moves on me). I hope you all are having an equally romantic day ;) And don't forget it isn't just about your significant other, it is about ALL the people you love!

No comments: