Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010 was great! I was able to spend a bunch of time with my family, get things done around the house (Christmas = no school for 2 weeks!) and of course, the best part was that I got Biscuit! The holidays really started with my mom decorating the tree. Here she is putting lights on:And here's the tree after she knocked it over! Luckily there weren't any ornaments on it. I guess our 20+ year old stand just couldn't cut it. My dad and sister's boyfriend dragged the tree out while Mom went off to get a new, modern tree stand.
The tree, fully decorated, on Christmas morning:
And the boys with their gifts! Dad got an ax from my sister. My parents just bought a mountain cabin, so he's excited to use the ax to chop firewood (at least, that's his little fantasy). My brother got a knife (was my grandfather's) and a cap gun. The cap gun was from me- my grandparents had one when we were little, but apparently Jay pointed it at me so it got put away. He's always talked about it since, so when I saw it in the store I knew he had to have it!
Santa was very good to us all this year! And yes, we still do the whole "Santa" charade at my house. There are presents under the tree that read "To Clare, from Santa." I got a food processor, a new cookbook and some fun kitchen tools, some fun socks, a sweater, and a bunch of stuff for my classroom.

Hope your Christmas was merry and bright!

No comments: