But there are some "perks" that come along with being a teacher. I've discovered there are many places that offer teacher discounts/benefits. Here's what I've found so far:
1. IRS- you can get a tax refund on school supplies that you buy. Last year I got $250 back!!
2. JCrew- 10% off, makes a bigger difference than you would think
3. Ann Taylor LOFT- 15% off if you join the "Loft Loves Teachers" club, and you get extra coupons throughout the year
4. various bookstores- range from 10-20% off, depending on the store. Most only off the discount on books for your class, but hey, a discount is a discount!
5. Sprint- not sure about other cell phone carriers, but Sprint gives you 15% off
6. YMCA- 20% off. It's actually cheaper for me to belong to all the Y's in my area now rather than just my center :)
Any other great discounts that you know about?? We teachers can use every extra penny!!