Sunday, April 3, 2011

Countdown

Well, the countdown is officially on. I have 6 weeks until I report to the hospital for surgery. It is very hard to not have a "6 weeks until my life sucks" attitude. I know surgery is the best thing for me. I know I will feel 100x better from it...eventually. It's going to be a long recovery, and that is what I am not looking forward to. I'm not looking forward to living with my parents (sorry Mom and Dad. Love you but I don't want to live with you.) I'm not looking forward to being physically restricted. I'm not looking forward to the pain. I'm not looking forward to putting Biscuit in the kennel for 2-3 weeks. I'm not looking forward to leaving my kids for the last 3 weeks of school. There are so many things I'm not looking forward to.

But enough negative talk. For the next 6 weeks, I'm going to think about all the things I AM looking forward to. I'm really going to focus on being positive and grateful for all the wonderful things I have going on in my life. Because I do have so much good going on.

I'm looking forward to working in the yard on this beautiful Sunday morning. Sure it means skipping church, but we only have beautiful 75 degree sunny days so often. And I have discovered a love of gardening.

I'm looking forward to going to Cincinnati next weekend to see my best college friend Tara get married. And I'm looking forward to wearing my fabulous new dress to show off my fabulous skinny bod (and hopefully meeting Prince Charming while I'm there! Tara has a good match-making record)

I'm looking forward to my sister coming home the next weekend. We're going to get mani-pedi's, watch fun sister movies (our favs are "The Secret Garden" and "Little Women". We're dorks and I love it!). And we'll be celebrating my brother's childhood friend's wedding that weekend. And my kids are singing in church that Sunday.

I'm looking forward to playing hooky from school the next day to hang with my sister because she lives so far away and I never get to see her.

I'm looking forward to Easter the next weekend. It is my favorite Church holiday.

I'm looking forward to going to Louisville the next weekend for the Kentucky Derby. I'm looking forward to going hat shopping for a fabulous hat to wear.

I'm looking forward to buying myself my surgery gift of a new computer. I've had this one since sophomore year (2004). It's about time!

So see? There are a bunch of things I have to look forward to. It helps to write them down to remind myself. But I might need you to help remind me every now and then.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

You should also look forward to gaining a least an inch of height! I know I am JEALOUS!

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

Yay!!!! The bright side of the surgery is how many of your friends are going to come visit you and send you fun care packages!!!