Sunday, July 3, 2011

A reminder

This afternoon, I needed a few things that I had left at my townhouse (I'm still staying with my parents while I recover my strength from surgery) so I stopped by after church. Right when I opened the door, I saw it. A balloon. Floating around the ceiling in my living room.

Not so special really, unless you know that it's a "get well soon" balloon AND that one of my students gave it to me AND that she gave it to me 8 weeks ago. It was still floating. It was a very poignant and visual reminder of what I hope is my lasting impression on my students. They've moved on from Kindergarten and have been enjoying the summer off, but I hope they are still holding on to the things I taught them from this year. It actually brought a tear to my eye as I realized just how much I miss those kiddos and it reminded me (yet again!) of why I love what I do. And how I can't wait to get back!

No comments: