Saturday, November 6, 2010

Teach: Tony Danza

I just happened to be browsing through the TV guide a few weeks ago when I stumbled upon this. It's a reality/documentary series about Tony Danza and it chronicles his life as he begins teaching high school English in Philadelphia. Apparently he wanted to be a teacher while in college, but life took a different path (hello Hollywood!).

It is amazing! I would recommend it to all my teacher friends. It's very inspiring to watch, but also good to know that even someone as famous and successful as Tony Danza can struggle in the classroom. Sometimes I cringe while watching because I know he's making a mistake. Luckily he has a fabulous support system around him to help him out. It is very inspiring to watch and see how much he loves his kids. And I know he'll appreciate in a few years having his first year teaching documented for him.

That's part of why I wanted to start this blog in the first place. I wish I had started last year, so that I would have my first year of teaching on record. But at least I can have my second, right?? And maybe since last year was so tough, it's better to not remember everything ;)

Check out "Teach: Tony Danza"- it comes on Friday nights on A&E. And then try and tell me you're not inspired to help your local school.

No comments: