Monday, October 25, 2010

Cupcake Nirvana

Last week a bunch of my friends had a movie night at their house. We watched "Bednobs and Broomsticks"- a Disney classic starring Angela Lansbury. The movie was good (very '70s), but the best part of the night was the dessert.

My friend Tara posted about these cupcakes a few weeks ago. Since I read her blog, I knew I had to try these, I just needed an excuse to make them. And then I was invited to movie night. Perfect timing!

These are chocolate-chip cookie-dough cupcakes. You read that right. As in, everything you love about cookie dough in a cupcake form. You make cookie dough (but instead of eggs, use milk because they don't cook all the way) and freeze it into little balls like so:
Then you just mix up your favorite vanilla cake mix. Pour it 2/3 full into cupcake liners and add a little frozen ball of chocolate-chip goodness in the middle:
When they've finished baking, they look like this in the middle:
Can you say amazing?? This one doesn't have frosting because I was so excited I couldn't wait any longer. I decided to see what they looked like inside before I devoured this "sample". Below we have the final product, complete with cookie-dough buttercream (brown sugar and vanilla makes it taste like cookie dough!).
They were a huge hit! It made about 22 cupcakes, enough for me to take to movie night, leave some leftovers for the boys and still have leftovers for me (and my roomie). You can check out the blog where Tara got the recipe here. If you're even thinking about making them, stop thinking. Just go get 5 sticks of butter and dive right in! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

Aren't they amazing?!?!? Minus the whole, 5 sticks of butter thing...........

Rachel said...

I made those once with chocolate cupcakes. They are so good! I didn't think about cookie-dough flavored icing, though, that's a great idea!

Jane said...

Those cupcakes were gorgeous!!