Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What flavor pop-tart?


Another super funny thing happened at school today, so of course I have to blog about it. I know you all love reading my crazy school stories. Admit it. It was a half day today because they are expecting ice/freezing rain/sleet later in the afternoon. Half days are usually crazy because they're long enough that the kids start getting crazy, but short enough that we don't really get anything done. I basically feel like I'm babysitting on half days. Today was really no different.

After brunch, I took my kids to the gym so they could run around for a bit. My friend and fellow teacher Hannah also brought her class. She teaches special ed, so has a much smaller class and my kids are very good with her kids. They were all running around, shooting baskets, having a great time. One of her kids, I'll call JJ, was hanging around us constantly saying "I want a pop tart! I want a pop tart!" Not in a whiny or demanding way, more of in a I'm playing a game with you way.

So I played along and said "I don't have a pop tart silly. Where would I get a pop-tart?" His response: "your nose."

umm, okay, why do I have a pop tart in my nose? Again, remember this kid has intellectual disabilities, but he knew he was being silly.

Still playing along, I pretended to give him a pop-tart (from my nose, ew) and gave it to him. "Yumm!" he says, "so good!" I then naturally ask what flavor it is.

His answer?

"Monkey."

Wow, how was your monkey flavored pop-tart there JJ? Too funny!! Hannah and I both burst out laughing. It was so funny. Hopefully you find it funny too and not just strange. Maybe you had to be there, but trust me, it was hilarious!

No comments: